How to Clean your Sponges and Make Them Last
Color Me sponges are great because they are disposable, saving your face from nasty, blemish-causing germs. However, we want to make sure you get the MOST out of your sponge before tossing it!
Here are a few easy steps to prolong the life of your Color Me sponge, so that with regular use, it should last up to four weeks! (Note: We still recommend that Color Me Girls with sensitive or acne prone skin dispose of sponges every 7-10 days with regular use.)
- First, place a dry paper towel down on a flat surface.
- Next, apply a dab of rubbing alcohol or alcohol wipe to your Color Me sponge.
- Turn on your device and tap the sponge on the paper towel. Simulating its own tapping motion will remove makeup reside and natural facial oils. Tap to remove excess alcohol and if you plan to use it directly after cleaning, continue to tap on an unused paper towel until dry.
With these simple steps, your sponges will remain clean and intact for longer periods of time. Of course, the best way to extend sponge life is to have several in rotation!
Now a word of caution, whatever you do, DO NOT:
- Submerge the sponge in water.
- Do not rub the sponge back and forth on a surface – Color Me sponges were made to simulate finger tapping and withstand the pulsating motion.
- Do not clean with an oil-based makeup remover.
We hope you will try our cleaning method - let us know how it goes in the comments!
The Color Me Team
Still have questions about using your Color Me device? Please visit our FAQS for answers!